Car Insurance

Driven by protection. Inspired by you.

Let's hit the road with confidence!

Need more information?

Download brochure

Car Insurance

Oona offers various coverage options for your vehicle with each one providing the protection you need.

Compulsory Third Party Liability (CTPL) Insurance

Third Party Liability that is required by law upon vehicle registration. This provides protection from liabilities arising from death or of bodily injury to third parties. Purchase in minutes via website or on WhatsApp at +63 9190766164

Auto Comprehensive Insurance

Our most complete car insurance with all your basic coverage needs PLUS Acts of Nature (AON)* coverage that includes protection from earthquakes or typhoons


Coverages and Benefits

Compare the different coverages and benefits to choose the best one for you.


Compulsory third party liability

Own Damage



Excess Liability insurance bodily injury & property damage

Unnamed passenger personal accident

Act of nature

Strike and Riots


(In PHP)



(In PHP)



Up to 50,000 per vehicle



Road Assist

Personal Property

Security glass etching (proven car theft deterrent)

Cost of bail bond**

Increased towing expense


(In PHP)

Optional with fee


(In PHP)


** Covers the cost of posting in the bail bond with maximum coverage of Php 10,000, required in the event of a criminal suit in connection with an insured incident.

Disclaimer:For packages with more benefits, please get in touch with us.

For more information, call our Client Service hotline (02) 8876 4400, Smart 0920 918 6242, Globe 0917 581 7175 or email us at

Related Services

24-Hour Road Side Assistance

Get immediate help during any mishaps such as vehicle breakdowns or accidents, fire or theft of your vehicle, or even unexpected occurrences like discharged battery, engine breakdown, or misplaced car keys.

Learn More

Auto Security Glass Etching

Free benefit that comes with selected Oona car insurance policy which is an effective car theft deterrent.

Learn More

Auto Repair Shop Finder

Find Oona-accredited or partner auto repair shops near you.

Find Shops

Other Motor Insurance Solutions from Oona

Motor Vehicle Insurance for Businesses

Protect the vehicles that help run your business. We have motor vehicle insurance solutions for fleet accounts that provide comprehensive coverage for a group of automobiles.

Get Quote

Steps to Report
Insurance Claim

Call the 24/7 Claims Assistance Hotline at +632 8876 4400 or fill out the Claims Form Online

Submit relevant and required documents online, through UpDocs

Present the documents as provided by Oona at any Oona-accredited auto repair shop during scheduled service

Report a claim

Asked Questions

What is Compulsory Third Party Liability or CTPL?

CTPL is coverage required by law for the registration of any vehicle licensed for use on the public highways. It covers the death and/or bodily injury of a Third Party victim in an accident caused by the Insured Vehicle. The limit of liability for CTPL is Php 100,000.

Does the third party bodily injury liability cover injuries or death of animals?

The bodily injury cover applies only to injuries or death of persons. Injuries to animals may be covered under Third Party Property Damage.

In case of an accident, can the Insured advance payment to the Third Party and ask for reimbursement expense?

Except in case of emergency medical expenses, this procedure should be avoided as it may lead to problems if the Insurer finds out that the Insured is not legally liable or that the amount settled is excessive.

What is COC? Is this different from CTPL?

This means Confirmation of Cover. It refers to the document presented to the Land Transportation Office for registration of the vehicle as evidence of a CTPL policy.

How do we determine the amount of Loss and Damage cover?

The amount of the Loss and Damage cover of the vehicle is based on the Fair Market Value (FMV). The Motor Unit of the Company maintains a table of FMV values that is regularly updated and are referred from major dailies and/or sourced from Buy and Sell magazines.

What is No Fault Indemnity?

This is the maximum amount the insurance company is required to pay a third party injured or killed in an accident involving the insured vehicle without the necessity of proving fault or negligence on the part of the insured. The limit under this benefit is Php 15,000.00 per person.

May the third party still claim further?

Settlement under the no fault provision does not prevent the third party from pursuing his claim further. A third party claimant is not required to sign a “quit claim” if settlement is under the no fault provision.

How does one claim under the No Fault Indemnity?

The following documents have to be presented:

  • Police report of accident or any evidence sufficient to establish the accident, and
  • Medical report and evidence of medical or hospital expenses and/or;
  • Death Certificate and evidence sufficient to establish the proper payee

What types of damages are covered under the Loss and Damage cover of the Motor Policy?

Damages due to the following:

  • Accidental collision or overturning
  • Fire, external explosion, self-ignition
  • Lightning
  • Burglary, housebreaking or theft
  • Malicious acts other than those caused by the insured, a member of his family or person in his service
  • Whilst in transit (including the process of loading and unloading)incidental to such transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift, or elevator

What damages are NOT covered?

Damages due to the following:

  • Losses within the policy deductible
  • Consequential Loss
  • Damage to tires (unless the Insured Vehicle is damaged at the same time)
  • Any malicious damage caused by the Insured, member of his family, or person under his service
  • Losses due to Acts of Nature (unless the policy includes additional Acts of Nature cover)
  • Damaged caused by overloading (For commercial vehicles only)
  • Damage caused by explosion of any boiler forming part of, attached to or on the Scheduled Vehicle (for Commercial Vehicles only)
  • Accident or liability cased or incurred outside the Philippines
  • Accident or liability while the vehicle is being used other than in accordance with what is specified in the policy (Limitations as to Use)
  • Accident or liability whilst the Insured Vehicle is being driven by any person other than an Authorized Driver
  • Any liability outside of the agreement of the policy unless the agreement was made to avoid impairing the flow of traffic
  • Bodily injury and/or death to any person in the employ of the Insured in the course of employment or any member of the Insured’s household.

Is the vehicle covered while being transported?

Coverage continues during transit by land, inland waterway, lift or elevator. Coverage does not extend to transit by inter-island vessels navigating on open seas or by aircraft.

Is the vehicle covered while being towed?

The vehicle continues to be covered while being towed provided that the damage is due to accidental collision. Note that collision damage should be accidental. Thus, if the damage is due to improper towing, this is not covered.

Is the policy still effective while the Insured Vehicle is being used to tow another vehicle?

Yes it is for as long as the towed vehicle is not being towed for reward and the Company shall not be liable for damages to the vehicle being towed.

What does “excess” or “voluntary” third party liability mean?

This refers to the amount “in excess” of or exceeding the coverage provided by CTPL.

What is the meaning of deductible?

An amount being the first part of the cost of a claim, which the insured has to bear in accordance with the terms of the insurance. The following are the standard deductibles under the Motor Tariff:

Private Car 0.5% of Sum Insured under Sec. III – Loss & damage, minimum of PhP 2,000.

Commercial Vehicles 1.0% of sum insured under Sec. II – Loss and damage, minimum of PhP 3,000.

Can the deductible be reduced or increased?

The deductible may not be reduced as this is the minimum amount prescribed by the tariff but this may be increased. If the deductible is increased, the insured may be entitled to a discount on the premium rate. The number of deductibles applicable is based on the number of incidents. If the specific circumstances of an incident are not known, the adjuster shall base the number of deductibles applicable on the logical appreciation of the nature and characteristics of the damages.

Can I use surplus parts to avoid paying depreciation?

Yes, surplus parts are not subject to depreciation. An insured shall inform the adjuster if he prefers to use surplus parts to avoid paying depreciation; however, this is only recommended for collision parts (e.g. fender, bumper, door), and not for mechanical parts (e.g. suspension, tire rod, fuel tank, transmission, engine).

Can I get a refund on my deductible and/or depreciation?

If liability for the accident is attributable to an identified third party, the Company’s legal unit shall, upon settlement of the own damage claim, initiate recovery action against the erring third party or third party insurer. The assured’s participation (i.e., deductible and depreciation) shall be included in the claim and if successful, the same shall be refunded to the insured. The Company, however, shall have prior rights to the amount recovered and does not in any way guarantee the return of the assured’s participation. If the accident is clearly due to the negligence of the third party it is recommended that the assured pursue his claim against the third party’s insurer. In this instance, we shall issue the assured a Certificate of No Claim, to avoid incurring expenses for the deductible and depreciation.

May the insured insist on the manner of settlement of his claim?

No, the decision to either pay in cash the amount of loss or damage, repair or replace the scheduled vehicle is the option of the insurer. (Section III., paragraph no. 2))

If the insured unit were carnapped or declared a total loss, could the insured insist on settlement based on the limit of liability under Section III.-Loss and Damage?

In case of a total loss of the insured vehicle, the amount of settlement shall be based on the fair market value of the unit at the time of loss but not to exceed the limit of liability under the policy. If the fair market value at the time of loss is less than the policy limit, the insurer should only pay the amount equivalent to the estimated fair market value.

In the event the Insured sells the insured vehicle, does the insurance cover go with it?

The CTPL cover is attached to the Insured and not the Insured Vehicle. An insurance policy is a personal contract and does not transfer automatically with the change of ownership. In order to avail of the policy benefits, the original Insured has to make a written request to transfer the policy to the new owner. Such request has to be approved by the Insurance Company and an endorsement to the policy has to be issued reflecting the new owner as the new named Insured.

Are accessories of one’s car insured?

Standard accessories are covered. However, the company shall not be liable for any claim in respect of loss or damage to accessories of the insured vehicle other than standard factory equipment and any other non-standard factory-fitted accessories unless such accessories are specifically declared to the Company and noted in the policy with individual sums insured applicable to each item. In respect of loss or damage to the standard factory-fitted accessories, the Company has the option to replace these accessories with an equivalent model of the same brand not necessarily bearing the car manufacturer’s name. Also, the company will not be liable in respect of loss or damage to “hubcaps” whether such are factory or non-factory fitted.


This website contains only a general description of coverage and is not a statement of contract. Coverage is subject to the exclusions and conditions of the actual policy. Policy applications are subject to the approval of Oona Insurance.

We’re glad
you’re here

Got a question?
We do our best to respond
in a timely fashion.